Thursday, October 27, 2011

wow... I think I am actually following through on a plan!

Hey, sorry I did not post yesterday but I came down with fever and chills so I spent most of the afternoon and evening in bed. Yesterday was a pretty productive day for me until I got sick.  I worked in the morning and then picked up my mother in law and we went for lunch at Spoons and to exchange a jewelry piece for her by Bellisimo.  I must tell you that the food was good by Spoons, but my favorite part was the using the bathroom. It is stunning!! The back wall is made up of the most unusual tile and the whole room is sooo sharp!!  After I got home, I started on my next recipe which was a whole wheat cheese loaf. My first attempt at the dough was a flop and did not rise (see photo below).
My second attempt at the dough fared much better.....
The only problem I had was that the color of the dough is much darker than the picture. Does anyone know if regular whole wheat flour is the same as 70% whole wheat pastry flour?  I rolled out the dough, placed the cheese mixture inside and then braided it and baked.  It tasted yum!! (but if you are not a fan of whole wheat you may not go for the outside of the cheese loaf.)

Anyhow, this recipe yielded two loaves and I froze one for shalosh seudos and one I have been snacking on.  My dear neighbors come on by and taste!!!

Well I took off work today and spent the day at home.  After dropping the kids off at school, I came home and got a wonderful mevaker cholim visit from my friend Deena. She brought me a cup of hot cocoa and stayed for a couple of hours to chat and keep me company.  I hope I don't get too used to this life of little work and lots of play.  Ephraim came home for lunch and made me a noodle soup- its the best!!! Thanks Ephraim.  So if I feel up to it the next recipes I want to tackle is sandwich maker brownies and sweet and sour chicken wings.  I will keep u posted on the progress.  Anyhow, gonna go finish up some work and take a quick nap before the kids come home.  Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. What's the cheese mixture? Is it like cheesecake? I would love to try it - it looks great! I know they sell white whole wheat flour. Maybe that would be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! Have me in mind while your eating it. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adina..here is the cheese mixture:

    2 bars cream cheese
    1 egg
    1/3 c. sugar
    1 T. vanilla sugar
    1/2 tsp. lemon juice
    dash of cinnamon
    3 T. flour
    Mix all ingredients together except flour. Add flour 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is thickened.

    Mimi..will def keep u in mind and will even see if I can try out some gluten free recipes for u to try. B'h feeling a lot better!

    ReplyDelete